- Workplace Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- based on age, sex, race, pregnancy, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected classifications.
- Unpaid Wages and Overtime
- Wrongful Termination
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Employment Separation and Severance Agreements/Negotiations in New York
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Preventative Counseling
Independent Contractor Agreements
An independent contractor agreement is a contract between a company and an independent contractor (not an employee) that provides the terms and conditions by which the independent contractor will provide services to the company. The independent contractor agreement serves several benefits, including clarifying the terms and parameters of a project upfront to avoid confusion between the parties, clarifying the terms and method of payment for services rendered, and affirming the expectations of the parties.
If you are an independent contractor, or are considering becoming one, speak to our experienced employment lawyer in New York to help negotiate your independent contractor agreement. For details on contacting our office click here.