- Workplace Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- based on age, sex, race, pregnancy, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected classifications.
- Unpaid Wages and Overtime
- Wrongful Termination
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Employment Separation and Severance Agreements/Negotiations in New York
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Preventative Counseling
Family and Medical Leave Act
The Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) under federal law offers a 12-week period of unpaid leave to qualified employees who need to take time off for certain health conditions of their own or of close family members. The FMLA also provides leave for family members of those serving in the military under certain circumstances.
Employees are not entitled to paid family leave under New York law at this time, although legislation has been proposed that would mandate paid medical leave.
Contact our office to speak to an experienced NYC employment lawyer regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act.